This is a venue to share music from any genre that is of good quality and makes you feel good for having listened to it.
In other words, music you don't mind getting stuck in your head!

YouTube GUM playlist

Sunday, January 22, 2012

"A Prayer of King Henry VI" - Henry G. Ley

On Sundays, I will post "sacred" pieces (as opposed to "secular"), in honor of the Sabbath.

This is one of my all-time favorite choir pieces, which was introduced to me at the wedding of two friends.  The song has a slow tempo, lending a thoughtful feeling to the humble prayer.

Translation:
Lord, Jesus Christ,
who created, redeemed and pre-ordained me
to that which I am,
you know what you would make of me;
make of me according to your will
with mercy.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after it has been reviewed.