This is a venue to share music from any genre that is of good quality and makes you feel good for having listened to it.
In other words, music you don't mind getting stuck in your head!

YouTube GUM playlist

Saturday, January 14, 2012

This Collection

After lamenting how challenging it is to find Good, Uplifting Music (GUM, we'll call it), I decided to begin this blog to gather the GUM that is out there, wherever it may be.

So, welcome to this new blog, a venue to share music that is both uplifting and good-quality!

By "uplifting," I mean that you feel better because you listened to it.  You feel happier, the world seems like a better place, or you are simply left in awe of the beauty of the music.  This also means that there will be no offensive or suggestive lyrics, and only family-friendly videos will be embedded here.

By "good-quality," I mean that the music is moving, interesting, well-composed, and/or otherwise better than the average music that you might pull off the shelf or Pandora might pull out of the box.

There will be lots of variety, and when I say variety, I don't mean what radio stations mean ("We play everything from this-kind-of-pop to that-kind-of-pop!").  I believe that there can be good music in every genre, so this is really, truly, a variety station!  ...Though I confess I do have favorite kinds :)

There will be music from country
("This" - Darius Rucker)


to hip hop

("Miss Independent" - Ne-Yo)
[The official video is quite fun, but there is enough immodesty that I didn't embed it here.]

to a'capella
("Club Can't Even Handle Me Right Now" by Flo Rida - Dartmouth Aires)

to orchestral

("The Lark Ascending" - Ralph Vaughan Williams)

To the extent possible, the title and artist will always be listed, along with a recording of the music (from YouTube, upon which I will depend for legality of the recording!).

Enjoy, and I look forward to your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after it has been reviewed.