This is a venue to share music from any genre that is of good quality and makes you feel good for having listened to it.
In other words, music you don't mind getting stuck in your head!

YouTube GUM playlist

Thursday, February 9, 2012

ThePianoGuys (esp. Steven Sharp Nelson): "Beethoven's 5 Secrets" and "The Cello Song"

Okay, so I am an unabashed fan of ThePianoGuys, but I think I may have come across them in an unusual way....  I recently started a research study on back pain in cellists.  While I was preparing, I thought, "I should look at some videos to see how different cellists move the bow when they play."  I did a YouTube search for "cello," and the video below came up in the list.  The thumbnail image showed eight cellists, and I thought, "Perfect!  I can watch eight cellists at once."  Of course, it wasn't long before I realized what was happening....

Also when I was preparing for the study, I realized that the song "Secrets" by OneRepublic had a great cello part (I thought I could learn to play it ;), and I hoped that one day ThePianoGuys would do a cover of that song.  Well, today that became reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after it has been reviewed.