This is a venue to share music from any genre that is of good quality and makes you feel good for having listened to it.
In other words, music you don't mind getting stuck in your head!

YouTube GUM playlist

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Finlandia" - Jean Sibelius (four versions!)

"Finlandia" is one of my favorite melodies - I didn't realize it was written by Sibelius, and I also didn't realize he was Finnish until I looked up this song.  Below are four (count them, four!) versions of this beautiful music.  First is the song in Finnish - although it is not the national anthem, it is one of the most important national songs of Finland (I also found a cool flashmob of this).  Second is Sibelius' symphony.  Third is an English, a capella version of the anthem.  And last is the tune as the hymn "Be Still My Soul."  Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after it has been reviewed.