This is a venue to share music from any genre that is of good quality and makes you feel good for having listened to it.
In other words, music you don't mind getting stuck in your head!

YouTube GUM playlist

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The GUM blog hits 100!! with "New Words" - Brian Stokes Mitchell

After 2 1/2 months in existence, the Good, Uplifting Music blog playlist has reached its 100th song!

As I was deciding what song should receive this honor, I was astonished to realize I hadn't yet posted anything from the fabulous Brian Stokes Mitchell, who is quite possibly my favorite professional singer.*  He has such a rich, powerful voice, and he performs with such animation.

Please enjoy this touching song by Maury Yeston, performed by Brian Stokes Mitchell, and keep listening and recommending!


* Like so many people, I loved the soundtrack to The Prince of Egypt as soon as I heard it, especially the song, "Through Heaven's Eyes."  Later, I discovered the musical Ragtime, and loved several songs sung by the character Coalhouse Walker.  (I'll post those here sometime....)  Still later, I was watching a Christmas special with Brian Stokes Mitchell as the guest singer, and I realized that all of these were the same singer.  I looked up when and where he would be performing, and I discovered that he would be performing in Boston a few months later!  I attended the concert and it was amazing!!  He is a fantastic performer and he makes a strong connection with the audience.  I recently learned that he will be in Houston for the holiday pops concerts, too!  I am really excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after it has been reviewed.